[at-l] giardia

On of the first thruhikers I met in 97 told me of all the beesties
that were livin in his gut when he finally got medical care.  I
think I remember that he dumped his filter at Neels Gap and
used nothing till he got so sick.  No way can I remember the
names of all the nasties but there was a half dozen different
parasites and other assorted creepies.  I also forget how much
he said the prescriptions cost him but it was waaaay more than
a pur.  Maybe ya'll can find it in the archieves...maybe june 97???

Btw...I lost count of the times he said the word stupid during our
conversation.                                        k./\