Re: [at-l] Giardia's dirty little secret.

In a message dated 10/22/98 1:38:39 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
rambleon@email.unc.edu writes:

>  I don't usually speak up on the filter threads, but i feel compelled to say
>  something here. I can take being called a lot of things, but stupid isn't
> one
>  of them. While i'm sure you didn't mean for the last line to be taken in an
>  insulting manner, it does kind of come across that way to me, since i sent
> my
>  filter home in Tyro, VA and used iodine very infrequently after that. I
don'
>  consider myself, or any of the other thru-hikers who chose the same route,
>  be stupid, or even ignorant for that matter.

I'm with you Rambleon,

I think I used my filter twice the first day in Georgia, then carried it all
the way to Fontana Dam, mailed it ahead to Mountain Mama's, then carried it to
Waynesboro before I finally sit home.

Now that's stupid........

If I ever do get Giardia, I may change my thinking, but at that point I
wouldn't consider myself stupid, just unfortunate.

Personally, I take my chances,  Sly