Re: Re: [at-l] Re: water filters

>It would still be very difficult to create a growth
>environment for giardia or other bacteria

	Giardia is not a bacteria.  The cyst does not need to develop a culture.
And it is not on the inside of the hose if the two are packaged together.
	Certainly I always pump a pint of water thru the system before I fill my
water bottle.  The contamination would be from the outside of the hose
touching water inside of the water bottle.
	Actually, I never put the tube inside the water bottle.  And you are just as
likely to ingest cysts off of your hands if they are not properly cleaned
after pumping contaminated water.