Re: [pct-l] easy pct?

Phillips wrote:

> on a few of the at lists, posters are saying that the pct is a fluff
> ball ( flame intended :-)) as compared to the at because the slope is
> soooo gradual. true? Jim ( bring on the flame war!)

Who cares? I've never thru-hiked the AT nor the PCT, but I've probably hiked
1000 miles of each. I like SPACE! so backpacking through endless forest tunnels
with no views isn't my idea of fun. To me, the PCT offers scenic grandeur and
magnificent vistas wholly unavailable on the AT. Isn't that why we backpack in
the first place...for the natural beauty of our surroundings? When you compare
the PCT and the AT from this aesthetic aspect, the PCT is a breath-taking
impressionist painting, and the AT a  seven year-old's crayon scribble. You
know what Jim Morrison and the Doors had to say..."the West is the best." Amen.