[at-l] Re: The Gathering

   Ginny asked the dreamers if they were encouraged by attending the
Gathering. Definitely! Just the introduction of the classes of Thru hikers
on Friday night was a major charge. Add all the information learned from
workshops and conversation. Season heavily with emotional moments such as
the end of Mike's slide show. Top off with the whimsy of seeing Warren Doyle
moderate an episode of the Dating Game starring Patty, The Redhead, and
Solar Bear (of course he had on the tutu). There was something neat about
looking around a room full of of hikers and recognizing a surprising number
of faces from my hikes of the last nine years. So, Ginny, I was encouraged.
Now I just have to be patient. I won't be heading to Springer until 2003.
                                        Lucky Star
                                      GA 89 > ME 21st century