Re: [at-l] Gathering

 did going to the Gathering encourage you or discourage you - or
> both?

I was totally encouraged! I learned how to lighten my pack. I learned that
all my research and experimentation was "right on." I learned what "hike
your own hike" means. I have never met such a wonderful bunch of people all
gathered in one place! I managed to corner quite a few thru hikers and was
able to talk one-on-one with them. The workshops where very informative.
Meeting the listers was a lot of fun and now I have faces with names (I no
longer have to wonder what Solar Bear looks like in a tutu). I am even more
excited about my thru hike next year. KC