[at-l] Re: Knee Problems Revisited

bullard@northnet.org wrote:

<< Conclusion: I believe that there is more than just a psychological effect
to Glucosamine. I intend to continue using it. It's not a cure. It won't
make you feel like you're 18 again (Damn) but both Thunder (my dog) and I
are doing better with it than without. >>

Hey Saunterer, I'm glad to hear that it's helping you and your dog.  When I
left the trail last year I developed arthritis in my shoulder/back & arm so
bad I thought I'd never be able to hike again.  Several listers recommended
glucosamine to me, and I began taking 500 mg of it 3 times a day, along with
400 mg of chondroitin 3 x a day.  After several months of that dosage I have
just reduced it to twice a day and seem to be ok.  Recently I backpacked a
week in VT and I think I'll be able to get back into hiking, although not as
strenuously as before.  I plan to take up the trail where I left off, probably
next spring, and promise myself to keep my mileage to 10-12 a day, with a day
off every week.  Before I began the glucosamine/chondroitin I couldn't have
lifted the pack.  The medical establishment in the US can call it a placebo
effect, but the case of your dog is very interesting - wonder what they'd say
about that!  Thanks for the testimonial.

Gypsy