[at-l] stove choice

Ok- I have made a momentous decision, one that I may live to regret or
not. I have decided to leave my peak 1 at home for my week on the AT in
October, and take a can of sterno and an esbitt stove with hexamine
tablets. On a recent test, a two person soup with noodles took 14
minutes to cook on the sterno, while 2 cups of coffee took 4 minutes on
the esbitt. since a sterno will last 2 hrs, that should be sufficient
for 6-7 meals, and the esbitt i'll use for coffee, tea, hot chocolate. 2
-3 tabs/ 2 cups of coffee, so 35 tabs should be plenty, plus with the
sterno i can cook in my vestibule without burning my tent down!!
not very quick, but it does seem to do the trick. Jim( used to be
flaboy- before wf's edict :-))