RE: [at-l] My 30 degree Pack Contents

On Saturday, September 26, 1998 2:50 PM, owner-at-l@backcountry.net  On
Behalf Of Tom Griffiths wrote:
> >>Cloth Rainwear (LLBean Mountain Guide Parka - Long)    25.0
> >I looked at Bean's site and I couldn't find this jacket.  What's it
> like?
>
> Kahley -- It looks like LLBean is bringing the Mountain Guide jacket
> back for 1998 Holiday Season (or else it just wasn't ever displayed in
> their other catalogs nor online).
>
> The LLBean Mountain Guide Jacket is in their 1998 Holiday Gift Catalog
> (Page 32-33) just sent out to customers. I had the non-insulated shell
> like that looks similar to that shown on page 33. It was a very good
> Parka, very comfortable, held out the rain well, had pit zips, breathed
> as well as Goretex will breath (and a highly rated Parka by the mags)
> and had a hood that was about as comfortable as a rain hood over a
> baseball cap was going to be.
>
> But I recently switched to the All-conditions Parka on Page 31-32 of
> that same 1998 Holiday Gift Catalog because I wanted to be able to zip
> in different components (Fleece jacket or Primaloft Jacket into the
> Gore-tex Parka shell). That makes the Shell more useful to me for a
> casual winter coat with cold weather capability.
>
> Datto

 *

I've got an All-conditions parka for the zip-in feature, too. But I got
mine in black so I could wear it as a casual or formal winter coat.
Had a lovely eight mile slackpack hike on the beach from lower Santa Monica
to the north end of Will Roger's park in LA Friday.  Flat terrain, great
view, 4 mph and passing roller bladers..I do hate conferences! <VBG>

J. Mark

application/ms-tnef