Re: [at-l] My 30 degree Pack Contents

>>Cloth Rainwear (LLBean Mountain Guide Parka - Long)    25.0
>I looked at Bean's site and I couldn't find this jacket.  What's it
like?

Kahley -- It looks like LLBean is bringing the Mountain Guide jacket
back for 1998 Holiday Season (or else it just wasn't ever displayed in
their other catalogs nor online).

The LLBean Mountain Guide Jacket is in their 1998 Holiday Gift Catalog
(Page 32-33) just sent out to customers. I had the non-insulated shell
like that looks similar to that shown on page 33. It was a very good
Parka, very comfortable, held out the rain well, had pit zips, breathed
as well as Goretex will breath (and a highly rated Parka by the mags)
and had a hood that was about as comfortable as a rain hood over a
baseball cap was going to be.

But I recently switched to the All-conditions Parka on Page 31-32 of
that same 1998 Holiday Gift Catalog because I wanted to be able to zip
in different components (Fleece jacket or Primaloft Jacket into the
Gore-tex Parka shell). That makes the Shell more useful to me for a
casual winter coat with cold weather capability.

Datto