Re: [at-l] Hiking in my new hometown

In a message dated 9/24/98, 3:32:57 PM, Fourwh1021@aol.com writes:
<<Well, the Redhead told you about our recent hike...my first one that really
counts.  I actually carried a pack, set up camp in the middle of nowhere, ate
mac and cheese for dinner, and then went to sleep surrounded by nothing but
trees.>>

Actually, we were surrounded by *nothing* was more like it.  We were camped on
a ridge and the wind howled all night.  My tent, of course, stood strong :)

<< And bears.  (The redhead forgot to mention the 3 or 4 bears that woke
me up off and on all night.) .>>

Uh, Mom.  Come on.  These people aren't stupid.  They know there weren't any
bears up there.  Any more than there were wild boars, which is what I thought
was waking ME up all night.  'Fess up.  It was your snoring.  Good thing we're
carrying a tent on our thru - you'd get us kicked out of the shelters :)

<<I haven't posted to the list in awhile, but it has taken all my time to
learn
a new language, get used to walking with one leg growing shorter than the
other, and having kids to chauffeur around, keeping an eagle eye out for
pickup trucks with no headlights, turn signals or brake lights.>>

Both of my legs are short.

<< I also had to take my dog to the hairdresser and have her dye the white
spot on Hootch's butt brown.  I understand it's hunting season.>>

Hootch looks very stylish - I don't think she likes it though.  You failed to
mention the lawsuit the hairdresser threatened over what Hootch did to the
beauty shop . . .

The Redhead
Ga > Me  00