[at-l] Mt Washington Hike

	Had a wonderful day hike up to summit of Mt Washington with my students on
Saturday, Sept. 19, 1998.  The weather was perfect.  Visibility about 80
miles.  The sky was so blue it hurt.  All of my kids made it to the summit,
even a boy who is affraid of heights who turned back last year.  He took 5
hours to reach the summit, I walked with him helping him overcome his fear.
	We left Pinkham Notch at 8:00 AM.  Hiked up Lion Head Trail.  Some made the
summit before 11:30.  But everyone made it by 1:30 PM.  Four members of the
group, two students and two adults, used the summit shuttle provided by AMC to
ride back to Pinkham Notch.  The rest of us hiked down Tuckerman Ravine.  We
traveled pretty fast.  Most finished in under 2 hours.  The slowest members
made it to the bottom in 3 hours.
We went back to the ski lodge we rented for the weekend.  Made a great
spighetti dinner.  Some of the kids walked 2 miles to town for fun while the
rest of us watched TV or talked or played monopoly.
	We headed back to Connecticut on Sunday.  Leaving the lodge at noon.  One of
the best school outing club trips that I have run.

											Art