Re: [at-l] Matches

At 9:27 PM -0400 09/20/98, plodder@juno.com wrote:
>My hiking friend, Hopeful, has talked about these waterproof mateches not
>only being waterproof but fire proof also.
>Plodder
>
>>I don't know about you all, but I have trouble lighting the WATERPROOF
>>ones!!  I've tried several brands and none seem to work (or is it just
>>me???)

Same here on those waterproof ones just wear out the strike and after numerous
failures, I just put the everyday wooden ones in their box in a Glad snack
plastic bag.  Haven't had a failure in years and just carry some extra strikes
from older boxes.  but I think the cheap butane lighters are a good back-up
too.

Anyone try a wooden and a "pulling" twine or flint?

tom "Bear Bells" caggiano