[at-l] How many times can you change?

Okay, how many times can you get away with changing your trail name?
Is it like "hike your own hike"?

It's like this:

I originally was the Illinois Flatlander....obviously, I was from Illinois.
Then last year we moved down here to the Western NC Mountains. I could have
kept the same name, but felt that it would confuse people as to where I
lived. So I decided on the trail name "Highlander" because of my
Scotch-Irish ancestors and because I was not in the flatland any longer.

Well, after living her now for 1-1/2 years, I understand that us foreigners
are basicly "Outlanders". So, what I am wondering is what name should I be?
 IL Flatlander? Highlander? or Outlander?

Just me, whoever I am.