Re: [at-l] In season

In a message dated 9/13/98, 9:45:41 PM, mfuller@somtel.com writes:
<< Native Americans hunted for food and killed their prey with reverence for
the spirit of the animal.

Besides, they didn't quite figure out how to domesticate animals (or
themselves, for that matter).>>

I've enjoyed the lively argument back and forth.  But the above comment is
extremely offensive to me, having quite a bit of Cherokee Inidan in my
bloodline.  Argue the politics, the laws, the hunters rights, the hikers
rights, the gun carrying rights, whatever, all you want.  But please refrain
from derogatory comments about Native Americans.   The comment preceding it by
another individual was used to illustrate a point, regardless of whether you
agree with it or not. Your comment, on the other hand, was simply rude and
uncalled for, and showed a great degree of intolerance.  Let's stick to
debating hunting, as it pertains to the Trail or hikers, not putting down
entire races of people.  If I've misinterpreted the comment, feel free to tell
me.  But that is how it appeared to me.

The Redhead
Ga > Me  00