Re: [at-l] Winter on AT

Kinnickinic,

I lived in PA for years and had a tradition to go out around Christmas, I
always had a ball! Yes it is cold (you better have a great sleeping bag
that not only does well in the cold, but also in the damp) but they are not
TOTALY crazy (all winter backpackers are a bit crazy untill you think about
the avoidance of crowds, bugs ect ect).

One word though, do NOT go if an ice storm is in the forcast (I did that
once an if it wasn't for some trail majic, who knows what could have
happend)

Dan "High Tech" Kohn