[at-l] Homemade Backpack Progress!

Just to let everyone know, I have made incredible progress on my homemade (Jardine style) backpack.  Now remember that I have had absolutely no previous experience with sowing!  It's taken some time, but I am thrilled with the results so far.

The main sack section is now complete; including two side pouches (capable of carrying 2-liter bottles!), a mid-section pull string which goes in and out of 8 grommets (good for hanging socks and wet cloths), and a pull string top (I might add a flap).  So far the backpack only weighs 7 oz. (without shoulder straps)!!!  It's lighter than I thought it would be!

I'm still working on ideas for the shoulder straps.  I'm considering copying the shoulder pad pattern off of a Gregory pack or possibly just buying some Camp Trails replacement straps.  Any suggestions anyone?

Happy Trails,
Jeff Walters
Anywhere is walking distance, if you've got the time.
(Steven Wright)
Florida Backpacker's Trailplace
http://www.iag.net/~fbt/