Martha's thru-hike

>Hello Martha,
>I've not seen anything posted about you and your thru hike.  I was wondering
>how are you?  So, what is your trail name?  I hope your well and life is
good.
>Take care....
>
>Beau Bushor N1MJD FN34jl
>         "bleeder guy"

Hi-
This is from Martha's mom. I'm getting all her email messages while she is
on the Trail, and I remember meeting you at the Gathering, so I decided to
reply. Martha (trail name Peanut Butter, after her staple food) and her
friend Janis are doing amazingly well. They are just about halfway (now in
Pennsylvania) and are only 1 day off their original schedule. She is having
a terrific time, and every time we speak to her she seems as happy as can
be. She was sorry to miss passing Earl Schaffer on his northbound hike; I
guess she must have been off the trail at the important moment. They have
now passed all the northbounders, and she says the trail is pretty quiet.

We are planning to drive down to Virginia for the Gathering, pick her up,
and take her there. As luck would have it, she is supposed to be only about
20 miles from the Gathering on Columbus Day weekend! This time my 87 year
old mother, who always wanted to hike the AT, might be able to come along,
too. Will you be there?

Thanks for your interest!
-Amy Montague

Amy T. Montague
Director
Massachusetts Audubon Society Visual Arts Center
963 Washington Street
Canton, MA 02021
tel: (781) 821-8853
fax: (781) 821-8733