[at-l] bivy vs tent

Hello Everyone,
I went through the same dilemma of bivy + tarp vs tent.  I ended up with a
Swift by Walrus.  The real weight of the tent in my pack is 3lb.  A friend
uses the Gossamer by Eureka.  His weights 2lb 8oz packed.  Both tents have
room for a pack inside, privacy, plus some wiggle room.  The weight difference
is about the same as most bivy combos.  Only one question I never found an
answer too. Is, how do both compare on puncher resistance?  Do you need a
ground cloth or not?
Take care..............

See your at the Gathering

Beau Bushor N1MJD FN34jl