Re: [at-l] patron saint of hikers?

In a message dated 98-08-27 20:18:32 EDT, WHHAWKINS@aol.com writes:

<< No there is not.  If I was to pick one, I would use Francis of Assisi.
Because
 he loved nature. Take a look at Catholic Online Patron Saints page. >>

in fact st francis is the patron of ecologists and other natural
professions.... i like st francis because of the story of him carrying baby
jesus with all the sins of man on his back across a raging river.... walking,
heavy burden on his back, etc.... only problem is the church no longer
recognizes st christopher