RE: [at-l] test

I think we all need to be very careful about spreading misinformation,
even unintentionally, on this list.  There are many inexperienced hikers
who are likely to take all of this too seriously.  I, for one, would be
seriously concerned about the possibility of repetitive motion injuries
if the hiking technique suggested below was used over an entire through
hike.  Consider the mathematics:

	1 mile = 1000 paces
	AT is (approximately) 2000 miles
	AT is (approximately) 2,000,000 paces

Now, suppose a hiker shakes their left foot "all about" over the entire
trail.  Assuming that "all about" is equivalent to "back and forth ten
times" the hiker will have shaken their left foot approximately
20,000,000 times.

Needless to say, I am concerned.

Thanks.

-- Jim Mayer