[at-l] Re: at-l-digest V1 #908

Jonathon,

There are lots of 3 or 4 day backpack trips in Maine on the AT.  Of course,
a lot of this depends on what you plan on hiking each day.  I'ld suggest
the Bemis Range (south of Rangley lakes), the Bigelow Range (south of
Flagstaff Lake) or the Barren Mountain Range (east of Monson).  You'ld need
to do more research to make sure you want to tackle the mileage/elevation.
You will need to get a shuttle for the drop off which will not be difficult
to do with the other suggestions from the list.  If you want some
flexability for the possibiltiy of bigger miles for while you're hiking,
you can always add an extra night by passing you car and then hiking back
to it the next day.   Gulf Hagas is north of the Barren Mt Range and would
be an easy add on.

> 3) I want to see meese (or is it simply "moose"?  mooses?)

It is moose.  Singular or plural.

.

> Keith and Pat's number is (207) 997-3597.  Their hostel is said to have
> some of the best food and hospitality on the Trail.  My hiking partner
> and I are heading up there in a week, and we're psyched!

Lisa
Maine