Re: [at-l] maildrop list

In a message dated 7/26/98, 12:11:08 PM, winstead@preferred.com writes:

<< Although I don't know the nature of the services you need,
(I wasn't gonna ask, Felix - I was afraid of the answer <g>)

<< Johnson City, TN is also a much closer alternative and is only about 30
minutes from the AT crossing at Sam's Gap and is a relatively large ton (app.
52,000) with outfitters and other services available.  Bristol is another
medium sized city about 30 minutes from Damascus. >>

Actually, Johnson City is closer to Erwin & Nolichucky Expeditions (or Raft
USA) than Sams Gap.  But this won't matter to you, Felix <g> because when you
get to Erwin, you will have mom right down the street from the Trail, and me
15 miles away.  We'll be more than happy to take you to any city you want in
the area, including Greenville, Johnson City or Bristol.  Johnson City has
Mahoneys, a decent sized but not huge outfitters.  Bristol has Mt Sports
Limited, a bigger outfitters.  Not sure about Greenville.  But anyway - cross
Knoxville off your list, unless you have some specific "need" you can only
find there :) in which case we can haul you there too!

The Redhead
Ga > Me  00