[at-l] 26th Hike - Minolta Lens cover

On the 26th hike in PA we found a Minolta lens cover north of the 501
trailhead.
Its yours for the claiming.
We started in Sat. at 8am from 501 and went to 183 then returned southward
a few miles to camp in the woods.  On Sunday we returned to 501 hoping to
meet the internet group.
It was a pleasure to meet Solar Bear, Pittsburgh, Grey Owl after all these
years on the mail lists.  They were so much fun.  I wish we could have
hiked with them but after 18-20 miles on those PA rocks I was ready for a
foot bath.  Thanks for the kolrabi, SB, it tasted great.  Joe (Bogey) said
that Pittsburgh looked like Moses on that rock with his staff held high.
Could be a new trail name?  How's the job in Spring Grove.  We are only 5
miles from where you work.
Grey Owl is not grey as many would believe from his name.  He tells the
story of an Indian guy in Canada who was called Grey Owl who gave him a
canvas daypack. John, Denise and Chris were there too but regrettably I was
so dumbstruck by the folks on the mail lists and forgot to ask their
connection to this group. It was nice to meet them. Just gotta say to them
for the record, "Oh yeah, where's your wrinkles?":-)
Ginny was my inspiration for a lot of scarey places. Thanks, Ginny.  It was
great to finally meet you. And Jim, her husband, is quite the observer,
listening intently to everything said. A very handsome and healthy-looking
group.  We all talked at once, so happy to share the AT experience.  Such a
happy hiking group!  I hope we can do it again.
I only regret not meeting Kahley. And Oh yeah! the doughnuts, the pizza,
breakfast, the dinner, the miles of interaction.

We met the following thru-hikers:
Nacona (Karen Borkski of Trailplace Journals) doing well and hiking in a
4-some
Real Bill - not wild bill
Katie-did
another (did not want his name mentioned)
Purple  -dyed hair (guess what color) My favorite color, looked cool!
Freeman -from Montreal
Goback  -from having to go back and get things he'd forgotten
Strider
Trail Gimp - recovered from torn ligaments
Mother Teresa & Lightfoot

to coin a phrase, Walk Softly,
SLIM & BOGEY