[at-l] A new kind of "blazing?"

Just when you thought you'd heard every terminology associated with a
journey from Georgia to Maine, along comes a trio of hikers in Central
Shenandoah National Park...

Phone call that took place yesterday:

"Hello?"

"Is this Skyline?"

"Could be, who's calling."

"We got your number from Wingfoot's book and were wondering if you could
help us out.  We've been on the Trail since Georgia, and thought we'd try to
do some ... AQUA-BLAZING."

"Aqua what?"

"We want to get down to the Shenandoah River and rent canoes to take us as
far as we can get, hopefully all the way to Harpers Ferry.  Can you help us
out?"

**********

So, Wingfoot, there's a new term, I guess, for the '99 Thru-Hikers Handbook!
:-)

BTW, late this morning I delivered three hikers to Downriver Canoe Company
in Bentonville, VA north of Luray to set out on a four-day journey by canoe
to the West Virginia border, from which they'll pick up the nearby A.T.
again to head north to HF.

To my surprise, it takes longer to float to somewhere than it does to hike
there, and it ain't cheap!  The rental was over $200.

City Slicker, Goody, and Hotfoot of "The Next Whiskey Bar" hikers say hi.

Skyline