[at-l] Stupid question

Ok, this is probably a kinda silly question, but how do you guys measure
the weight of your gear?  I'm curious as to what the gear I've been using
weighs and then maybe I can get a little bit better feel for the weights
I see in catalogs and such.  Most of my current gear was inherited, and
teh manufacturer usually doesn't make it any more (draw your own
conclusions as to what vintage gear I'm using <g>), so I can't get the
weights.  Thanks in advance!

BTW, probably going to do a weekend hike at Standing Indian next weekend
to try out some of my new "toys" including an Esbit stove and some of my
home made dehydrated "creations".  I'll let you know what I think.

Val