Re: [at-l] PUR Pioneer

> From: Nicole Markee <thatgirl@astrogirl.com>
> To: Scenic Trails Lists <at-l@saffron.hack.net>
> Subject: RE: [at-l] PUR Pioneer
> Date: Wednesday, July 22, 1998 2:16 PM
>
> I'm kind of mad at my PUR Hiker since it weighed out at 16 oz -- 5 oz
over
> the manufacturer's weight.

Something is not right.  My scale puts mine at 12 oz, with the flimsy stuff
sack it came with.  Every pack list I've seen that includes the PUR Hiker
puts it at either 11 or 12, and I'm sure these people are not going by the
manufacturer's weight.

Is it possible that its got water in it?  If you pack up the pump when
you're done, without first pumping it dry, you will definitely be carrying
around some extra H2O.  I know this is true with the Hiker. I imagine it's
true for most other pumps as well.

Peter