Re: [at-l] And then you said...

Using my calculatory powers, mom will definitely be moving to within 15 miles
of me on August 8th.  Locationally speaking, this will make our weekend hikes
much more convenient.  Indeed, now that I no longer have to drive 7 hours to
meet her, we will have much more time for hiking.   Suffice it to say, this
will lower my anxiety level dramatically.   Supposedly Solar Bear will be
around during this time. Things have been hectic, finding her a house - but we
still managed to go by Mahoneys, the local outfitters, and look at packs for
mom.  We have decided to rent the Kelty Tioga one weekend, and one of the
internal frames the next, so she can get a feel for both types.  Then we can
start narrowing it down for her.  I know it's shallow of me, but I haven't
been much help to her - I love my pack, and don't think any other one will do
<g> so I have refrained from trying to influence her one way or the other.
But we have printed out all the wonderful pack advice from the list, and I am
sure that a purchase will be made in the near future.  Happy hiking, all - and
by the way - Felix, you have to stop disguising two words of the day as THE
word of the day.  It just isn't right. :)

The Redhead
Ga > Me  00