[at-l] Is at-l a thru-hiking list?

> From: Owen <jrowen@ibm.net>
> To: at-l <at-l@saffron.hack.net>
> Subject: [at-l] Thruhiking - Learning about it
> Date: Monday, July 20, 1998 11:02 PM
>
> They have
> so little importance, they're so foreign to the reality of the Trail,
> they're so utterly unimportant - that a list that wastes a lot of
> bandwidth on them automatically labels itself as a "non-thruhiking
> list".  It may be a "hiking" list - but it has little to do with the
> reality of thruhiking.
>
> Walk softly,
> Jim

It was never my perception that at-l is intended to be a "thruhiking list".
 How widespread is the feeling that the discussion of issues which have
"little to do with the reality of thruhiking" are a waste of bandwidth?

This is not intended to start some kind of thru hiker vs. section hiker
ideological war.  I'm just curious about other people's perception of the
purpose of the list.

Peter