[at-l] vitamins

What are antioxidant vitamins and why should I care? I take a vitamin
supplement each day and I usually buy the store brand. The name brands
advertize that they have antioxidant vitamins but reading the labels, it
looks to me that the same things are in most brands. Some of the percents
of the recommended allowances vary but all are over 100%.

Have any of you long distance hikers taken vitamins on your hikes? Does a
trail diet pose a concern with vitamin deficiency? (I envision a trail
diet including town foods.)  If it does, how many weeks or months must a
hiker be on the trail before becoming concerned?

Thanks, Hopeful