Re: [at-l] Possible Word of the Day: affect

At 2:19 PM -0400 7/16/98, phatcher@biopop.com wrote to the following effect:

>exp:   How does iodine affect you?
> What was the effect of long term iodine use?
> I want to effect a change in my health, so I will use a water filter
>from now on.

Now that strikes me as really affected. If you affect affection for the
effect of iodine on your system, you're effectively affecting the effect of
natural microbes. Effecting an affectation may be effectual if you're
disaffected, but not if you're infected. In that case you need to effect a
disinfectant. A fact affecting infection in films is FX, which can
effctively affect a fact by appearing to effect it. In fact, that's the
effect of affectation. Hope I've explained it effectively.

--Rhymin' Worm