[at-l] Day of the Word

> Word of the day... Sigmoido... naaah.  Use 'shallow' when you can. For
> instance, "The spring was shallow". Or, "The girl was shallow, and I
> loved her."
> Felix

As y'all probably know, we've had horrendous forest fires here in Florida,
one of them less than 30 miles from Tallahassee.  On Monday we had what
I would definitely call a "flood" of rain here--about 5 inches in a couple
of hours.  Some of the lower-lying areas in the downtown area collected
about 3 feet of water, but when I got home (15 mi. north of campus) after
work, there were only shallow puddles in my neighborhood.  I hope they got
the full downpour where it was needed to put the fires out.  --  Earthworm