[at-l] Edwards Dam, Kennebec River

I read an article in River Magazine (July 98, page 12) that says the
Edwards Dam will be removed in 1999. Is this the dam that creates such
excitement for thru hikers fording the river or even crossing in a boat?
Am I thinking about a different river in Maine?   I've heard war stories
of hikers that lost their footing and drown when the water was released
from the dam.   Hopeful