[at-l] Breads

This is my basic bread, biscuit, dumpling, and pancake recipe.  One shoe
fits all.  Just use varying amounts of water.  Maple sugar with a little
water makes a decent touch to the end results.

(for two hikers or one bear)

1/2 cup Bisquick
2 Tablespoons Non-fat dry milk
2 Tablespoons Powdered Egg
dash of sugar

I mix this up in quantity, then divide it out into ziplock portions.

For biscuits, I add between 1 and 2 tablespoons of water.  Add more if
needed to achieve a heavy dough.  Apply a light coat of peanut oil (it's
what I use because it is great for high temperature) to the bottom and
sides of your smallest cookpot.  Add the dough, smack it so it fills the
airspaces in the pot.  Take your largest cookpot, add 1/2 gravel/stones to
the bottom.  Put the small pot on the gravel/stone mixture.  Cover only the
large cookpot, and set on a medium stove flame for 10-12 minutes.  Can also
be used over a campfire with equally good results.

This makes one large delicious biscuit.

For some variety, you can add poppy seeds, caraway seeds, chopped nuts,
etc. to the flour mix for some surprises.  The gravel in the big pot
prevents the small pot from coming in contact with the heat, and provides
an "oven" environment.