Re: [at-l] Stoves & Cookpots

>I think it's my Bakepacker that comes with a "scortch plate

not to pick on you but I think ya'll have the wrong product name... I think
you
mean the Traveling Light - Outback Oven which has a diffuser... not the
Bakepacker which is the name of another product... my beloved
Bakepacker-cookpacker doesn't
need a diffuser... because my stuff never burns on the bottom of the pan...
it can't, the food sits in a plastic bag on an aluminum grid in one inch of
water in the bottom of my cookpot... btw, because water boils at 212degrees
F, I don't need a simmer control on my ole blowtorch stove... fwiw, I wrote
a short piece on *how I cook* in WFs trailplace... the Bakepacker was being
sold thru Adventure Foods listed in the Bacpacker Magazine classifieds... I
have cheerfully used mine for 81/2 years... the ultralight weighed 4oz but I
took off the outer ring so mine weighs 3 oz. ... oh, I call it a cookpacker,
I don't do much baking but as my ever expanding waistline will testify, I do
like to cook...
safe travel / will / the green ghost.