Re: [at-l] Stoves & Cookpots

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Poor Writer a.k.a. Ern Grover wrote:

> Get hold of the bottom of an old aluminum pan or kettle from a garage sale.
>  Cut the bottom into a 6 inch diameter disk.  Instead of putting your
> cookpot directly over the flame, put the disk on first, then put the pot on
> top of it.

I think it's my Bakepacker that comes with a "scortch plate" which is a
disk with some grooves in it (sort of like the sides of some aluminum
baking pans) which purports to do the same (because when you're bakin'
brownies you need to have an even flame).  Groovy

jeff

Jeff Mosenkis				Graduate Student,
jamosenk@ccp.uchicago.edu		Committee on Human Development
					Department of Psychology
					University of Chicago
	"The Blues isn't about feeling better, it's about making other
	people feel worse" - "Bleeding Gums" Murphy