re: [at-l] A little trip to EMS...

On 10 Jul 98 16:27 GMT+0100, Dennis Breen <DBREEN@cwny.cushwake.com> wrote:

>Anyone else use a Kelty Super Tioga?  What's your experience been with them?
> Any suggestions or tips?

I think you made a good choice. I use the Kelty Trekker which, I think, has
the same straps and hip belt. It does a great job of putting the weight on
your hips. The contour on the inside of the belt helps it stay on the hip
bones without having to tighten it to the point it hurts. The loops on the
belt which the loose ends of the strap pass through allow you to pull the
two ends towards the center which makes tightening very easy without hard
pulling. I didn't understand how to tighten straps on buckles until I saw
how this arrangement works. The trick is that you pull the working side of
the strap towards the center while pulling the loose ends away. The clever
loops allow this to be accomplished by simply pulling on the loose ends.

The Trekker does have one big advantage over the Super Tioga... It holds
less :^)

Stewart Holt
Marietta, GA