[at-l] Re: Advice to Felix

Advice for Ole Felix. (hey at least this time I spelled your name
correctly - wish I could afford the update that has spell check).  When I
did the trail I found it necessary to keep putting one foot in front of the
other - time after time after time after time, ad infitum - eventually I
crossed the finish line.  No matter which direction you go it's all going to
be UPHILL!  Unfortuanally the UPHILL is worse when your southbound!  P.S.
There is a small section of level ground following the C&O canal (if the
trail even goes that way anymore - maybe they have eliminated that
undesirable section by now - after all who wants to hike a level trail?)
The approach trail from Springer to Amicalola Falls is mostly DOWNHILL!
(what a bummer of the way to finish! maybe we can put in a good UPHILL
before you arrive.)  Anyway just put one foot in front of the other (and
don't pull an Ed Garvey and leave the lean-to in the wrong direction) one
foot in front of the other and in about 5,000,000 steps you'll be there.

Hope this advice helps!

GOOD LUCK!  When you get to Georgia give me a hollow - we'll celebrate by
you buying me a beer!  Just kidding - I'll even break down and buy you one -
that's all just one!

Doug Banks
Marietta, GA
ME-GA (completed '81)