Re: [at-l] hiking in hunting season

John Goldsworthy wrote:

> Anyway, about 4 miles south of Antler's campsite around Church pond or
> Jo-Mary road, he heard a couple of shots from a high powered rifle
> (These would be the shots I could hear in the distance).  A few hundred
> yards up the trail, there was a damn bait bag hanging ON the trail from
> a tree.  For some stupid reason, hunters are allowed to bait bear in
> Maine...  Being a hunter he knew what was taking place, and thus quickly
> got his ass out of there.

You have to keep in mind that game animals use the Appalachian
Trail at least as much as people. Therefore, there will be
some hunters who hunt and bait it as they would any other game
trail. For this reason, I wouldn't mind seeing hunting totally
banned from the A.T.

--
mfuller@somtel.com; Northern Franklin County, Maine
The Constitution is the white man's ghost shirt.  }>:-/> --->