Re: [at-l] esbitt stove - why?

  besides i just got my esbitt stove- thats neat- why would anyone use an
>msr
>>or peak 1 anymore if youre hiking alone or with a a
>friend/wife/kid/whatever.
>>i heated water up in about 6.5 minutes i mean boiling, ok its not as quick
>as
>>my peak 1- but its not 22 oz + 1 quart of fuel at what 2-3 lbs- its 3.5 oz,

I like my old small upside down 3 inch strainer  with bottom flattened to
hold the
pellets and piece of aluminum drier vent that self locks (and unlocks). A
lot lighter than the esbitt, just rolls up, and with vent hole cutouts at
the bottom and top the heat convection is focused heating the bowl above.
The strainer allows the fuel pellets to burn on all sides so it burns even
faster and heats faster.

Lightness, cheapness, maximum burn rate, turbo charged heat directivity,
and its own windscreen.  :)

 -Bear Bells