[at-l] Solar Bear Hiking Tour - Share the Fun

In a message dated 7/1/98 12:53:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
slackpacker@juno.com writes:

<< making plans with Solar Bear to day-hike from routes 501 to 183, in
 pennsylvania, on sunday the 26th of July.  9 miles of little pointy
 rocks.  if anyone cares to join us, let me know. >>

That's right gang, the Solar Bear Hiking Tour will begin with a day hike on
the 26th with my buddy pittsburgh.

The real fun begins with my 9 day trip in NC and TN starting July 30th bright
and early at Sam's Gap.  Join in the fun and meet the hiker who is a legend in
his own mind. <g> Since we're all friends here and I don't have to worry about
anyone's security but my own, here's my planned itinerary:

START Sam's Gap, US Hwy 23
Thursday July 30th, 7.9 miles to Bald Mtn Shelter
Friday July 31st, 10.4 miles to No Business Knob Shelter
Saturday August 1, 9.9 miles to Curley Maple Gap Shelter
Sunday August 2, 12.2 miles to Cherry Gap Shelter
Monday August 3, 8.7 miles to Clyde Smith Shelter
Tuesday August 4, 11.4 miles to Overmountain Shelter
Wednesday August 5, 13.2 miles to Sugar Branch Campsite
Thursday August 6, 9.1 miles to Moreland Gap Shelter
Friday August 7, 14.5 mile hike to US Hwy 321 in Hampton, Tn.

Celebrity appearances are planned by Y2K thruhikers Redhead and Patty, her
Mom.  Join in the fun and frivolity.  Love to see one and all!  Come for all
or part of the madness -- and bring lots of food!  I like to Yogi! <g>

Email me if your interested.  We'll figure out cars and logistics.

Happy trails,

Solar Bear