[at-l] RE: AT Art

I have that book and it isn't the answer to Lynn's query. It has good
photos that were taken by a variety of people. It isn't the work of one
person nor is it the caliber of work Ansel Adams did. It is a mistake to
think that Adams "specialized" in photos of Yosemite however. He certainly
did a lot of work there because he lived there, but he also did a large
volume of work in other locations including Alaska.

To my knowledge no one photographer of national reputation is  focusing
(pun intended) on the AT. That is not to say that there aren't
photographers living in the area working hard to produce great work and not
yet discovered by the public. Let's face it, photographers rarely become
*famous* anyway and when they do achieve what passes for fame in
photography, 90+% of the population still don't know who they are.

Saunterer (A *serious* photographer of NY's Adirondacks)
http://www.northnet.org/jimbullard

>At 05:54 PM 6/30/98 -0700, Time-Maker wrote:
>>See "Appalachian Adventure", Longstreet Press, Atlanta, ISBN 1-56352-234-9
>>: Ern Grover
>>> From: Lynn Setzer <hikester@ral.mindspring.com>
>>> Subject: [at-l] AT art
>>> Over the weekend I became curious about who, if anybody,
>>>has taken it as
>>> his/her life's work to be the photographer for the AT
>>>in the way that Ansel
>>> Adams became the photog for Yosemite.
>>>(He loved it, it spoke to him, he took
>>> pictures, and the rest became history.)