[at-l] L'Amour and the heat.....was Map and compass - and GPS

Never thought of it this way Sara!  BUT I am rather glad I am not trying to
hike in this heat!  Only rec'd 6 messages yesterday, so everyone is either
prostrated from the heat or out trying to hike. My favorite seasons to hike
are  Spring and Fall. I am not a hot weather hiker. The heat gives me
tremendous headaches even when I drink lots of water.

Highlander
----------
> From: SaraSW@aol.com
> To: kauzlar@madison.main.nc.us; at-l@saffron.hack.net
> Subject: Re:  Re: [at-l] Map and compass - and GPS
> Date: Saturday, June 27, 1998 9:18 PM
>

> Highlander says--
>
> >One thing I learnt from reading Louie L'Amour books....always check your
> >back trail because it looks different going the other way. I make a
habit,
> >particularly when I stop, of noticing which way I came and which way I
need
> >to go.
>
> If I take a book when we're hiking, it's almost always a Louie L'Amour.
For