[at-l] off the trail

Hey there folks, Pittsburgh here -

The Slackpack Tour has had to pack it in (pun alert) for this season.  We
stayed out until our last hiker hiked her last mile.  I am soooooo
disappointed...

I took some time away from the trail, visited my folks, and thunk about
my immediate future.  Well, the pocketbook has dictated that I return to
the land of the employed, and have started work in York PA (had to trim
the beard, oy).  It is close enough to the trail to hike a bit now and
then (okay, and play some golf too, darn it).  Anyone interested in
getting together on a Sunday (hiking or golf), let me know...

Last weekend, I met Tom and Marie Ha at the Ironmasters Hostel at Pine
Grove Furnace State Park here in PA.  Very nice people, very nice
facility...

Ran into (not literally) a hiker, named Abol, that I had met way back on
March 17th at the shelter in Amicalola Falls State Park.  He is very
enthusiastic.  Said that he did not get the "Virginia Blues."  In fact,
he said that he wishes he could turn back the clock and do Virginia
again. He is from Maine, and intends to do Maine very slowly, with family
and friends at his side.  Said that October 1st would be a good date for
him to climb ther Big K...

Plans for next years Slackpack Tour, and a few other hikes, are well
underway.  There has been a newspaper article written about HIKE-USA in
the Chicago area by a family travel writer.  The article may be
syndicated nationally.  There will be an article coming out in Walking
Magzine, but don't know when.  Plus, there will be a display ad in
Backpacker Magazine (just a tiny little thing in the back), beginning in
the September issue...

If you wish to beat me up, please do it privately...

pittsburgh