Re: [at-l] Loading an Internal Frame Pack

>  The questions I have about loading the pack revolve around the sleeping
>  bag compartment on the bottom.
>
>  If I put my sleeping bag in there, is there any reason it should also be
>  in a stuff sack?  I'd use a plastic garbage bag either way, to keep the
>  bag dry, but I can't see that using a stuff sack adds any useful
>  functionality.  Am I overlooking something?
>
>  Notice I said "If" in the first question.  That's because I'm not sure
>  that the best use of the sleeping bag compartment is for the sleeping
>  bag.  It seems to me that I'm much more likely to want to quickly get to
>  ( or stash ) some piece of clothing than my sleeping bag.  So wouldn't
>  the sleeping bag compartment be a better home for my clothes bag than my
>  sleeping bag?
>
>  Thanks for any input,
>  	Peter

IMO Use a stuff sack, put the plastic garbage bag inside the stuff sack. It is
very easy to put hole's in the garbage bag. Use the sleeping bag compartment
for the sleeping bag. It is quicker to remove or stash an item of clothing
under the top cover of the pack. I carry my rain jacket and/or fleece jacket
there.

The best thing to do is to try difference ways at home, before going on a
hike, to see what works for you.

Wildbill
GA to ME 89
GA to ME to GA 92-3