[at-l] LAY vs. LATCH

Some folks have other names for it.  I met a guy who insisted on
shortening AT to just "T" (as in "I'm gonna head back out on the T after
I stop in DWG").  It confused anyone from Boston, who thought he was
trying to catch a train.

One guy I met in TN called it the "gummint trail"  as in "Y'all carryin'
a gun when y'all're up on that gummint trail?"  Took me a while to
figure out that he meant government trail, but I'm just a yankee who
doesn't know any better.

I heard someone at Trail Days this year refer to the AT as the
Abstinence Trail...  Not by choice I reckon, but I'm told that
thru-hiker stench is the most effective form of birth control known to
man.

Any other nicknames out there?

Keebler
Burlington, VT