Re: [at-l] A question or two

In a message dated 98-06-19 09:27:25 EDT, DaRedhead@aol.com writes:

> Why do we have "shelters" throughout the AT, except in SNP, where they are
>  "huts"?  Are they really like little huts?  Do they have four walls?  I
>  haven't hiked any of the AT through SNP, so I've never seen one.

There are hut's and cabin's in the SNP. The hut's are the same as shelter's.
On most of the AT the Shelter are called, Shelter's. In some areas they
called:
Hut (SNP), Lean-to (CT & MA). In The White Mt. the hut's are not shelter's.
They are like hostel's, you get a bunk in a bunkroom, but your meal's (dinner
and breakfast) are made by the Hut crew.

Wildbill