[at-l] Cool moms and a small world (was seen the "light" - packs)

In a message dated 6/19/98, 7:44:23 AM, KarenS62@aol.com writes:

<<>>After all, The Redhead swears by her external. <g>  Too bad they don't
make
>>her model anymore. (or her tent, or her boots or even her trail guide.  Is
she out of fashion or what??)

How'd a cool mom like you ever raise a kid thats soooo out of fashion??>>

She's such a cool mom she raised me to be an individual, not to worry about
fashion <g>  She's apparently forgotten everything she taught me though -
LLBean is the ultimate "snob factor" and she's hooked LOL

Now, about this small world.  I just found out that when we were coming down
into Reeds Gap, we passed Daryl Clines and his brother going up.  Now, this is
spooky.  I mean, think about it.  There are over 2000 miles of AT, there are
only a few hundred people on this list, and from all over the country.  How
odd that in one weekend on the Trail we run into FIVE people from this list!!
Unplanned.  Unexpected.  Daryl didn't realize it was us (Hey, for the rest of
you out there, if you are on the AT and see two redheads, one tall with short
hair, one short with long hair, chances are it's us!  Say hi!) and of course
we didn't realize it was him.  Chase and Woodelf and them we knew already.
But isn't that strange?  What a coincidence . . . . (theme music from twilight
zone)

The Redhead
Ga > Me  00