Re: [at-l] Re: Pine Grove Furnace History

In a message dated 98-06-18 07:21:23 EDT, dpmgr.amc@paonline.com writes:

>  Thanks! We're always interested in anything PGF-related. We started out
>  just telling people informally about the Mansion and the Furnace, then
>  realized that we didn't know who had been told what. So we started our
>  nightly program, whereby Maria or I will talk about the area and Mansion
>  at 9pm each evening. We vary our talk to cover whatever interests
>  people, including the AT/thru-hikers, Gettysburg, Hershey, Lancaster
>  County and etc., but mostly it's local history.
>
>  Thanks again!
>
>  Tom

Tom,
I did a internet search on "Pine Grove Furnace History" Below are links to
what I found.
1.  <A HREF="http://patc.simplenet.com/pine_grv.html">History of Pine Grove
Furnace - Historical Re...</A>
From the PATC Archives - The following is an historic reprint from the October
1934 Edition of the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club Bulletin, precursor the
PATC's
current newsletter, the Potomac Appalachian.
RECOLLECTIONS, HISTORICAL AND OTHERWISE, RELATING TO OLD PINE GROVE FURNACE
2. <A HREF="http://parec.com/state_parks/pinestpk.htm">Pine Grove Furnace
State Park</A>
3. <A HREF="http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/pine.htm">PA DCNR -
State Parks - Pine Grove Furnace St...</A>
4. <A HREF="http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/forests/appalach.htm">
PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF CONSERVATION AND N...</A>
5. <A HREF="http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/topogeo/map13/13sms.htm">DCNR -
TOPOGRAPHIC AND GEOLOGIC SURVEY</A>
6. <A HREF="http://patc.simplenet.com/10_34.html">Trail Development, October
1934 - Historical ...</A>
7. <A HREF="http://patc.simplenet.com/paonline/pa_mar98/trlside.html">Feature
Story, March 1998 - PATC Online Newsl...</A>

Wildbill