[at-l] Very first hiking experience

	After reading DaRedhead's report I wanted to share my very first hiking
experience< This happened way back in the 60's. My parents said if I bought
a tent they would take the family camping. I baby-sat until I had enough
money to buy a big canvas tent $35 at the time. My parents kept their word
and off we went to a state park. We found a campsite...set up the tent. At
4am my father said he had had enough and we were packing up and leaving. We
had set the tent up on a hill, steep hill, we all had headaches. It was
getting very very cold...we only had summer clothes. We packed up and away
home we went. On the way home no one said a word...in about an hour of
driving the sun came up..it was a fantastic sunrise. My father looked at my
mother and said...well, next time we will know what to bring! After
that..every camping trip was a learning experience. We went every year to a
state park for a week or two weeks camping. To this day my family has a
campsite on a lake up north in Wis!
	The lesson is...learn from every camping (backpacking) experience. KC